PCL fork

Developer
Apr 16, 2014 at 7:31 PM
Dear David,

many thanks for developing and sharing this C# version of MPFIT.

You have also made the code highly portable, so I have taken the liberty of making a Portable Class Library out of the project, please see this fork here: https://csmpfit.codeplex.com/SourceControl/network/forks/cureos/csmpfit

The only difference from your original implementation is that I have added an optional TextWriter argument in the MPFit.Solve call, to allow for logging to an arbitrary stream. For example, on .NET, pass Console.Out to receive the output in the console window.

For backwards compatibility, I have also added a .NET 3.5 class library to the solution. The Portable Class Library makes the Silverlight library redundant, so I have removed the SL library from my solution.

If you are interested in pulling these changes into the main fork, I can make a pull request. Just give me the word :-)

Best regards,
Anders @ Cureos
Coordinator
May 27, 2016 at 6:40 PM
Dear Anders,

I'm only two years late to replying to your post. If you're still out there, thanks very much for your work! I see your pull request - thanks!

David
Developer
May 27, 2016 at 8:04 PM
Hi David,

I am still out here, alive and kicking :-)

Many thanks for pulling my request, I hope you find it valuable.

A few months ago I also took the liberty of publishing the portable library on NuGet, see here. I hope you don't mind.

Right now I am thinking of preparing another instance that would be compatible with the soon-to-be-released .NET Core 1.0. The current PCL profile is not compatible, since it targets .NET 4.0 and Silverlight. One alternative is to add a PCL Profile 111 library (.NET 4.5, Windows 8, Windows Phone 8.1), another is to prepare a .NET Core library targeting netstandard 1.0. Either way, I don't think any code changes at all will be necessary, it is just a project setup issue.

If you want me to I can prepare a new pull request. Just let me know.

Best regards,
Anders
Coordinator
May 27, 2016 at 8:21 PM
Great work on the NuGet, thanks very much Anders! (Don't mind at all. Quite the opposite...glad that someone was tending to the code!)

And, you read my mind re: .NET Core. I think targeting netstandard 1.0 would be the strongest impact to users. "Upgrading" to 111 would leave SL devs confused, but a parallel .csproj with the upgraded profile would be great, too, if that's of interest to you.